Bedrock Homes prides itself on hiring talented individuals interested in growing their professional careers and who share our common goal to work together to provide quality homes with exceptional value to our customers.
- Intermediate Architectural Technologist
Intermediate Architectural Technologist
Bedrock Homes has been building single family homes since 1999 and is a proud member of Carrington Group of Companies; including Carrington Communities (Multi-Family), One80 Infill Developments, Carrington Homes (Multi-Family and Single Family – B.C.), Carrington Resorts (Recreational Real Estate) and Carrington Land (Land Development).
Bedrock Homes is currently seeking a highly experienced residential Architectural Technologist to join our dynamic team of professionals.
Intermediate Architectural Technologist Qualifications/Experience:
- Completion of an Architectural Technology diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- 5 years’ experience in Single Family Residential Construction drafting.
- Proficient in SoftPlan or AutoCAD.
- Ability to create high quality architectural drawings and construction details.
- Experience working for a model home builder is preferred.
- A knowledge of permit applications and city approval process is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of the Alberta Building Code, Part 9.
- Familiar with understanding and applying Bylaw requirements; knowledge of Architectural Guidelines is an asset.
- Has an understanding of truss and joist layouts, engineering details, and plot plans.
- Familiar with current Fire Safety construction requirements for Edmonton and surrounding communities.
- Confident in working independently and in a team environment.
- Able to communicate efficiently in a professional manner – verbal and written.
- High quality drafting skills and attention to detail, supported by exceptional organizational skills.
- Can confidently make decisions related to design and construction methods that are resourceful, can potentially save cost and will eliminate future construction problems.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to manage several on-going projects simultaneously.
- Desire for growth and advancement in knowledge and responsibility.
Intermediate Architectural Technologist Responsibilities:
- Creating and altering working production drawings for single family homes, duplexes, and townhomes.
- Collaborate with suppliers and engineers to obtain all necessary documentation for development and building permit applications.
- Work in close proximity with sales personnel and a construction team to customize floor plans and problem solve construction issues.
- Seeing all architectural projects and permits applications to completion, addressing and overcoming obstacles that may arise due to bylaw requirements, code requirements, customer preferences, grading issues, etc.
- Potential for the position to also encompass house plan designing and mentorship to junior drafters.
This full-time, “in office” position, is located in Edmonton, Alberta. We are located on the south side of Edmonton. Office Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm. Bedrock Homes provides a competitive compensation, RRSP and benefits package.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title “Intermediate Architectural Technologist”:
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.