Bedrock Homes prides itself on hiring talented individuals interested in growing their professional careers and who share our common goal to work together to provide quality homes with exceptional value to our customers.
- Land Development Manager
Land Development Manager
Carrington Group is comprised of a diverse group of companies all successful in their own right, and combined have formed a powerful force in the housing industry. These include Carrington Communities (Condominiums), Bedrock Homes (Single Family and Townhomes), ONE80 Infill Developments, Carrington Homes (Condominiums and Single Family – B.C.), Carrington Resorts (Recreational Real Estate), Carrington Land Developments (Edmonton and Kelowna, B.C.), and Lifestyle Options (Retirement Communities).
The Land Development Manager is responsible for the successful management of land development projects from start to finish on behalf of the Carrington Group of Companies. The Land Development Manager will be responsible for project set-up, management of financials, coordination of municipal approval processes and entitlements, coordination of engineering drawings, management and monitoring of the construction program, builder and public land sales, and, execution of the sales and marketing programs.
Land Development Manger Qualifications/Experience:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related discipline; preferably in business, planning or engineering.
- 10+ years of relevant land development experience in the Edmonton and surrounding areas.
- Experience working with consultants, contractors, administrators, and home builders.
- Knowledge of engineering and urban planning principles.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and policies related to land development.
- Understanding of municipal levies, recoveries, and cost sharing practices.
- Displays a high level of initiative and superior communication/ interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Critically thinker who is resourceful in finding creative solutions.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills with the ability to manage a cohesive team.
- Effective negotiations and conflict resolution skills.
- Effectively builds relationship with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent computer and written skills; ability to prepare concise, accurate, and clear written materials.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media.
- Professional membership or affiliation is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and personal reliable vehicle.
Land Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Obtain planning and engineering approvals for development from approving authorities; working with municipal officials and consultants/planners.
- Ensure project plans are executed successfully, working with municipal officials, consultants, contractors, builders, and Carrington’s senior management.
- Work with management to determine servicing requirements based on builders’ needs and market conditions.
- Attend and provide leadership at development project meetings with emphasis on project schedules, issue identification and resolution.
- Ensure construction is completed and inspected on schedule and on budget.
- Manage development project budgets including; reviewing cost estimates, pricing lots, creating invoices, managing/reporting on over expenditures, and properly forecasting cash flows.
- Provide regular follow up with builders to determine subdivision/builder performance, issues, and opportunities.
- Provide coordination of land sales to builders and public purchasers.
- Respond to inquiries from the public and builders regarding developments.
- Continually have a current understanding of market conditions, economic drivers, and review competition strategies.
- Provide experienced direction and execution of land development marketing programs.
- Monitor and report on current status and activities of projects, including project financials and budgets.
- Prepare quarterly investor updates and annual reports. Prepare monthly third party sales updates.
This full-time position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Carrington Land Developments provides a competitive compensation, benefits and RRSP package. Regular hours for this position are 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Please submit resume with cover letter and salary expectations, quoting the position title “Land Development Manager”: email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.